[Social-sciences-list] [Young_professionals] Anyone Experiencing this: A Software? Issue

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Oct 17 13:51:40 UTC 2013

JAWS 14 is not the most stable release that FS
has ever offered.  I have seen many of the
problems you mention, but not to the extent you
say.  I am not sure there is a magic fix --
although you should talk to FS support and get
their advice -- after all you have paid for support.

A few things, make sure your computer has
adequate resources, at least 2 gigs of memory, 4
better.  Make sure Windows and everything else is
up to date -- a FS support person told me it is
dependent on things in Windows and things work
best when everything is updated to most recent
release, windows updates applied etc.  Then as
usual, clean up computer, get rid of stuff you
don't need, run only what you have to at start up etc.

Dave