[Social-sciences-list] More Computer Questions

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 01:21:18 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I think I may have posted computer shopping questions earlier, but now
I have some more specific questions I'm hoping some of you can help
with. Sorry for the cross-posting.

I've decided to get a new device to replace my aging laptop. I am
starting a new job this summer and they will provide a PC for my
office, but I want to have something that is portable and that I can
use to edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files I create at
work or get from colleagues.

I already have JAWS and an iPhone. If Office for iPhone is accessible,
or if it's possible to easily interact with Microsoft Office files
using the Mac applications (like Pages or Numbers) then I'd consider
using my iPhone instead of a laptop.

So my questions are:
(1) Is Office for iPhone accessible?
(2) How easy or complicated is it to edit MS Word files using Pages on
a Mac or iPhone?
(3) Does anyone have recommendations for modern Windows laptops that
are ultra-portable, like Ultrabooks or netbooks if they still exist?
(4) Which tablets work with JAWS?

Thanks,
Arielle