[Social-sciences-list] Introduction and Question About Qualitative Data Analysis Software

Vincent Martin vincent.martin at gatech.edu
Thu Mar 19 02:47:39 UTC 2015

Audrey,
I will contact you off list about this.  I may have some suggestions as to
who may be able to assist us in this endeavor. This just happens to be a
super busy semester for me as I am completing PhD qualifying exams now.  I
am sort of glad that the Qualitative analysis issue is finally getting some
traction, as it is extremely important in so much of the research that many
of us have to do.  There are so many various lists in the US alone where
similar issues are raised, that there seems to be a rather large number of
people that encounter the same issues on a regular basis.  That is how I
originally started doing research into trying to make SPSS  usable again.
Part of my argument with all schools and agencies is that very few of us
will own and be knowledgeable in the use of three different screen readers/
operating systems or be able to master a multitude of different programs
just to do our homework!   Many more of us are advancing toward graduate
degrees and research positions later.  We need access just to do our jobs
and that is a purely legal access matter.