[Social-sciences-list] Accessible survey builders?

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 18:41:33 UTC 2016

Hi all,
I am starting up a research consulting business called Disability
Wisdom Consulting, and one service that I provide clients is survey
design to tap the opinions and experiences of people with
disabilities, particularly blind people. Right now I am working on two
survey projects with blind programmers (I design the survey and then
they build it online). We are running into some issues finding a good
survey platform that's accessible for both the programmer and the
survey taker, and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.
SurveyMonkey used to be my preferred platform, but recently they made
quote unquote "enhancements" and now the survey builder is only partly
accessible. My programmer on one project is really frustrated with
this since she was a Survey Monkey whiz and now is struggling, so we
want to find something better. For my other project, we've been using
Google Forms (my programmer is a whiz on it), it's fully accessible
but doesn't have all the features we want.
Do any of you have experiences with other platforms, like Survey Gizmo
or some of the free builders? Or, do you know of tricks to get around
some of the new SurveyMonkey snags?
Thanks so much!
Arielle