[Sportsandrec] Sixth Grade Field Hockey Suggestions

DrV thegeocachingdragon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 18:39:08 UTC 2008

Hi Everyone.

I have another Middle School PE question (sixth grade).

First however, I want to thank you for all your thoughts on ping-pong -> it
turned out really great & he ranked it as his favorite PE unit so far. His
classmates where climbing over each other to the opportunity to play against
him under sleep shades :-)

They are starting a unit on hockey. From what I gather, they play on the
cement field.

His classmates use a ball as a "puck" (roughly the size of a tennis ball).

He is going to try use a tennis ball with some bells in it that I bought on
line (I think from www.braillebookstore.com).

The bells are a little on the quiet side & I don't know how well that will
go with a whole bunch of sixth graders yelling & whooping around him.

Any thoughts on how to get the most out of this unit would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Eric V