[Sportsandrec] Burn baby burn!

Ron & the bears rockthebike at usfamily.net
Tue Dec 16 22:41:09 UTC 2008

Joe,

Good job buddy! However, I am surprised that a trained instructor would even
mention what another participant did, or did not do with her water.
Hydration is paramount, but I cannot say anything that Kelly did not already
say so well.

I have heard that it takes a liter of water to process a Cliff bar, or some
number of carbs. Also, in cycling class, you do not know how hard someone is
working until you feel their wheel after the workout. The lady who made the
whole class without may have not been churning out the watts you generated.
Perhaps, she was pre-hydrated, who knows.

Congratulations for encouraging the other class participants. When I hear
shouts from the back of the pack, spectators, or even in certain rock/pop
music, it helps me to dig deeper.

One more thing, the next time you feel trashed after a tough ride, do at
least a recovery ride the next day. You will feel it at first, but as you
warm up and then ride only light to moderately, you will actually feel
better after the ride. Just 25-45 minutes is all you need. You do not even
do any efforts, just flush out the acid with easy spinning.

Regards,

Ron & the keep 'em hydrated bears
Austin, TX