[Sportsandrec] surfing or snowboarding?

Danielle Nicole Larsen larsen75 at students.rowan.edu
Wed Dec 17 06:20:24 UTC 2008

I tried snowboarding one time.
For me personally it was a terrible experience. Granted the individual I
tried it with had a hard time grasping the concept of my visual impairment
but it ended pretty badly. I do know many people who are visually impaired
who do snowboard though. It's a pretty cool sport. The best ways to do it
however really depend on vision levels form what I understand of it. Higher
partials for instance may only need to wear tinted goggles to reduce glair
and stuff. Others may have a similar system to skiing with the ear piece and
someone giving directions. Because of the way you snowboard (one board with
two feet on it strapped in; similar to a skateboard), sometimes it's hard to
react fast. However, with practice, and great balance, it can be a real
blast form what I have been told! =)