[Sportsandrec] surfing or snowboarding?

Everett Gavel everettg at successfuladaptations.com
Wed Dec 17 10:53:15 UTC 2008

Hi Joe, and all,

I've done a bit of Snowboarding.  All I'll say about it
is, I have found skiing easier, which surprised me.  My
balance isn't so good, perhaps.  Not sure, exactly.  I
just know I have never yet in 3 years of trying, made
it all the way down any hill, even the small one in my
backyard, without falling off the board. One of my
kiddos has, but that's only once, maybe twice, in 3
years worth of trying.  Now, don't get me wrong.  When
I say 3 years, that's probably not more than 9 hours on
the board over that time.  We've not exactly been
dedicated learners.  It's definitely been a casual
thing with us so far.  (smile)

I found skiing easier, due in large part to the balance
thing.  I just found it easier on 2 skis rather than
one snowboard.  Maybe I'm just odd though, because I
also have found rollerblading easier than rollerskating
for some reason.

Strive On--and Merry Christmas!
Everett
www.everettgavel.com