[Sportsandrec] Next Year's Championships

Thornbury, Kelly kthornbury at bresnan.net
Sat Dec 20 21:48:22 UTC 2008

Personally,Ron & the let's-really-smoke-'em-next-year-dad! bears, I would rather lose by 14 seconds than win by 4 minutes...The satisfaction of being properly classed with good competition is much more rewarding to me than blowing away riders in a class I'm "over qualified" for. Besides, I bet you learned much more, and are much more motivated to train, with the hard defeat over an easy victory?!?

So, take your month, re-evaluate your training regime, and get back in there...Next year we want to read how Ron & the let's-really-smoke-'em-next-year-dad! bears won the open class outright. I'm inspired to start "race training" myself...My dad lives in San Antonio, and we are currently "over 90." No aspirations for the open class, but just the thought of training with a purpose is appealing.

Kelly