[Sportsandrec] Next Year's Championships

Lori twilight2 at kconline.com
Sun Dec 21 15:40:11 UTC 2008

Kelly,

I'm in your corner when it comes to competition. I think it is great you're
considering racing. I'm not sure that you qualify for Masters nationals as
both riders have to be at least 30 and combined age of 75, 90, or
110--because I don't know your age. USABA nationals used to be held in
conjunction with this event so, the age factor was eliminated. The location
changes from year to year and this year it is in Louisville, KY at the end
of June.
Another thing to consider is the Disabled cycling camp that Pam Fernandes
coordinates. It's a great way to connect with other riders and learn some
techniques.

Sounds like you're on the right track. Find an event that will take a tandem
(usually time trials are pretty open to the idea) or look for a tandem
specific race.

Training starts now!

Lori