[Sportsandrec] judo is Awesome

Joe Shaw jrs3147 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 11 17:25:06 UTC 2008

Ashley,
as stated here much lately lol, I am thirty two and just started, so you are
in ahead of me agewise if you get going.
I have always fallen well. I tell people I am agile like a cat, a fat
sleeping cat but a cat none the less. I spent a two hour class a couple
weeks ago where I was taught nothing but falling properly. The more learned
guys in my class took turns knocking me down and I took the "bumps" falling
better each time. I was very sore the next day. I am a better faller now.
My teachers show the moves on me so I can see them first as does the class.
Then, I work in drilling just as does everyone else. This set-up works very
well.
Joe