[Sportsandrec] designing a gym

Christella Garcia christellablue at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 04:27:20 UTC 2008

Hi, I know we have discussed some of the issues that make it difficult for blind people to get a good work out at a gym.  So here is my question.  If you could design a gym for blind people what would you include in it?  For example some of the things that I would have would be talking scales in the dressing rooms,   exercise classes with instructors who would show people how to do things, and  machines that   are accessible .  Of course I would have judo classes, and a goal ball court.  I would also like to have blind staff such as trainers.  The pool would have the  adapt Tap system for swimmers.  This is just food for thought, and I want to know your ideas.  Have fun and dream big!