[Sportsandrec] designing a gym

Joe Shaw jrs3147 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 11 21:10:19 UTC 2008

This is a fun topic Chris! It is funny you bring it up now too as for the
last two months I find I use three gyms for different reasons.
At my YMCA I like to spin, swim, lift, do abs, and there's a few miles of
greenway I enjoy walking with one of my former teachers. We walk a couple
miles on the greenway after a hard workout. I love this facility because of
the steam room and sana. The heat is a great way to mentally prepare for a
hard workout first thing in the morning and an awesome way to chill out
afterward. I sometimes like to run in place in the heat to warm up or cool
down with differing degrees of intensity depending on the activity. The sana
is great for crunches as they feel extra hard in the heat.
I have a family membership here, but I am the only one who partakes (smile)

There is a gym across the street from my daughter's school that I like to
lift and do the eliptical. The lifting is best here because  there is a
goodly circuit of machines and a great amount of free weights. I also like
this gym because there is always a bunch of jacked up dudes to talk with and
get tips whom I am certain I feel some inner need to best. I love their
squat rack which is better than the Y's. The eliptical there seems to be a
smoother yet more difficult ride. The staff is always helpful here to set
the eliptical and to spot when there's noone else.
This gym costs me two bucks per visit and I am there two or three times a
week.
Lastly is Badwolf MMA where I practice judo and jujitsu. This dojo, I feel
good saying the word dojo, has bags, heavy and speed, several wrestling
mats, a cage, and not much else. It has guis, knowledge, and partners with
which to roll.
I pay about a hundred fifty bucks a month to use this facility three to six
times per week.
I am going to imagine my ideal gym, which will be fun. Please forgive any
repeats.
Joe