[Sportsandrec] finding guides

Lori twilight2 at kconline.com
Thu Nov 13 14:16:01 UTC 2008

Ashley,

With a program like BORP in the San Francisco Bay area they provide a bike
and pilot for people to try. There are also tandem groups around the country
so maybe looking at tandems of America. I am not aware of any organized
programs on the East coast, but I'll be on the lookout.

I don't want to discourage, but just because you have a tandem doesn't mean
it makes it any easier to find a pilot. I still struggle finding people at
times. I've had to show up at the bike shop in the past before the local
rides took off and just ask--I don't like going that route, and in fact
haven't done this lately, so maybe that's why I don't have a regular person
to ride with right now.  Keeping up with the spin classes is good so that
when you do have a chance to go out on the road you'll have some fitness,
plus spinning is good for developing a smooth pedal stroke.

Keep looking!

Lori