[Sportsandrec] finding guides

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 13 04:32:44 UTC 2008

Ron,

Thanks.  Youre competetive; if I end up riding outdoors its for recreation
purposes; I don't have a desire for competition.

>From your story it seems like you're the right place at the right time; you
were lucky.  I can be assertive but something inside me hesitates to ask as
I don't want to seem like I'm begging or asking and giving nothing in
return.  I'd be happy to treat someone to dinner or something as a thank you
instead of money.
Still I wonder.  So far I asked at my gym and no one has tandems.  The
ladies riding outdoors all do so alone.
I can certainly ask but I have a feeling its easier said than done.  Heck i
had a difficult time finding readers and I was even paying a good hourly
wage!
I asked in many places and had flyers and it did not pay off.

Are you the one owning the tandem?  How is it transported to the place where
you ride?  Those things are big.  You say you pedal at the same speed
together.  How do you know their pace?  I suppose you sense it or something
and it comes with practice; its been years since I was on a tandem.

Ashley