[Sportsandrec] Competition Corner Questions

Lisamaria Martinez, NOMC lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 23:21:19 UTC 2008

Hi Jennifer and others,

When I edit and publish Competition Corner, I do it with JAWS. JAWS should
read the html document without any problems. I made the decision to publish
the newsletter as a html file because it is basically a webpage. It meant
less work in the future when we get the newsletter online. Plus, with screen
readers like JAWS and Window-Eyes, you have the power to skip around heading
by heading, link by link, and etc.

Make sure that when you download the file, you download it as a html
document. In other words, make sure that the edit box between the name of
the file and the save button tells you what type of file extension the file
is being saved as.

Do you recieve your S&R emails in digest form? Someone told me that when
they receive emails in digest form, they do not get the attachments. I don't
know why that is the case.

Hopefully, the next Competition Corner will be a click away. We're hoping to
get a website for the division up before the next newsletter.

I'm attaching the newsletter again. But perhaps, someone who knows more
about the ins-and-outs of screen readers and accessibility can give a few
pointers. I'm just a weird person who really likes html coding, and is
trying to learn everything about it in order to make web pages and web
files. But, really, I don't understand some of the lingo. That's when I go
to my husband for interpretation--he's the computer engineerer in the
family--not me.

Lisamaria