[Sportsandrec] Happy Thanksgiving!

Joe Shaw jrs3147 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 28 16:59:20 UTC 2008

Hello listers,
I hope everyone had a great turkey day. My question to you is, what did you do today? I overate as I do annually and had a delicious half hour nap  after watching my Titans devour the Lions. However, at a robust sixty two degrees here yesterday, I jumped on the trampoline with my daughters a bit before. We love the trampoline as the eight year old and I have what we refer to as cage fights in there where we wrestle until one of us submits. She makes me wrestle and call play-by-play simultaniously. She is furious, this is a better work-out than you probably imagine (smile)
So after my two and a half plates with dressing, mashed potatoes, and mac and cheese all in the same meal and I bet most of you don't fix green beans like we do here in the south for Thanksgiving, I spent two plus hours at the gym this morning spinning for sixty five minutes, we usually go forty five, I had a nice lower body lift and ran in place in the steam room for twenty minutes as hard as I could go. I have upper body and cardio in the morning.
The Thanksgiving Day routine is pretty much the same for me still as in years past. The major difference is that I took yesterday off and am right back at it today. I tried to work extra hard knowing what I did. I thank this group a great deal for your constant encouragement.
If you have already worked out, I commend you. If not, I challenge you. There's a lot of day left, get out there and burn it down!
Be well!
Joe Shaw