[Sportsandrec] hiking

Lori M. Miller lori at asmodean.net
Wed Apr 1 08:44:02 UTC 2009

Ashley,

I've used a variety of techniques ranging from just independent cane travel
with no extra accessories to using such things as GPS and talking or
tacktile compasses. I've hike with both sighted and blind friends in both
familiar and unfamiliar areas. I generally just use a cane but some folks
carry a trekking pole. With the GPS you can set waypoints periodically.

Lori