[Sportsandrec] hiking

Lori M. Miller lori at asmodean.net
Fri Apr 3 18:12:52 UTC 2009

Hi I don't hike on a regular basis any more. A lot of my hiking I am not
attached to a guide in any way. Sometimes I may fallow and occiationally use
a bell. They make bearbells that can be picked up at camping supply or
sports stores that had a velcroe attachment the can be easily attached, or I
have found verious bells over the years that I like to use.

For climbing sometimes I like for the guide to be behind so they can give me
berbal cues as to where to reach, but again, I really prefer to get the job
done myself without verbal prompting.

Lori