[Sportsandrec] pilates

Jennifer Boylan jaboylan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 18:18:58 UTC 2009

Hi Ashley!  I had an experience with pilates for a few months but it was
under ideal circumstances.  One of the high-partial seniors at the blind
center had taken classes at the community college.  She then returned and
had sessions with all interested twice a week for an hour at the blind
center.  She knew the techniques and could explain them well.  Also, we had
a sighted volunteer on hand to quickly show us the correct positioning if
the instructions weren't totally clear.  After a time or two, we had the
movements memorized and could proceed smoothly.  The class was geared
towards the elderly, not too fast or strenuous, but I felt I gained some
benefit from it.  If you can't get an instructor to be more descriptive,
maybe someone else from the class would show you moves before or after the
session.  Hope it works out for you--if not, I'm sure you'll find something
else great to try!  Jennifer