[Sportsandrec] Hiking

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 5 20:22:27 UTC 2009

Hi Lucia,

Go for it.  Starting a network in your region to match guides with people
wishing to do outdoor activities is a good idea.  It won't help me since I
am in a different area.  But it may help many people.  Unfortunately lack of
guides and other support keeps blind people from doing as many activities as
we would like.  It is frustrating.  I talked to people who slowly lost
vision and one of the things they give up is recreation activities.  After
aquiring training they may go back to it in some form, but it isn't the
same.

Anyway, as for myself I am in Northern VA and would love to enjoy the
outdoors.  There are bike paths around here.  We also have county public
parks where people enjoy the scenery, picnics or recreation.  They have
short trails like a half mile long for novices all the way to lengthy trails
for advanced people.  I might call the park and see if I can get a guide.

Hope you start your idea.  Let us know if its successful.

Ashley