[Sportsandrec] Road Racing

Lori M. Miller lori at asmodean.net
Fri Apr 17 22:14:58 UTC 2009

Mike and All,

As I've already stated, "Just get out there and do it," but where I do feel that it is important to maintain the categories and especially there break them down into more categories is at the Paralympic level or other equivalent competitions. It is awesome to compete, but sometimes it is nice to compete on a level playing field against other athletes and find out who is on top.  I can't recal ever hearing of a totally blind athlete in timed races surpassing the times of an Olympic record holder. There is just so much involved in training and learning technique. Not saying that it can't ever be done, and I hope to see it happen one day.
special category, you're still likely to receive the "your so amazing" treatment.
Lori
And, well, even if there is not  ----- Original Message -----