[Sportsandrec] road racing

James Fetter jfetter at nd.edu
Sat Apr 18 03:26:34 UTC 2009

Lucia,
I think that special categories are fine in elite and/or large races.
The main concern is with those situations in which only a few blind
people are racing and people end up with an award that doesn't mean as
much by no fault of their own. The best strategy, in my view, is to race
everyone in a given event, and if you get an award in a special category
that you didn't create, so much the better.
James