[Sportsandrec] accommodations and labeling cardio equipment

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 21 05:08:26 UTC 2009

Ashley,

Long time, no talk too!

I try to regard the world with as much openness as I know
I  appreciate upon interfacing with people.
I like to think myself approachable and unpretentious, realizing how
people related to each other by the fortune of blindness must stick
together, for power can be derived from true strength and resiliance
in numbers.
I am a regular cyclist, spinning each weekday morning, and you are
familiar with this form of exercise.
My blind boyfriend, Robin and I also took an abbs class which  is
offered at most gyms, where you perform a series of situps, and other
exercises meant to strengthen and condition one's core.

The instructor , was excited to donate a few minutes a couple times
weekly to teach us the exercises so we could slip as seamlessly as
possible into the mainstream.

We have since started school, and are therefore unable to make it to
abs class till the summer, but we were able to slip pretty seamlessly
into the proverbial mainstream, thanks to the instructor's tutilage.
I would suggest just asking, Ashley, for you never know if the
instructor will exhibit excitement in having a  1 on 1 session with
the blind chick.
Good luck, and the worst you can be is WRONG!