[Sportsandrec] Goalball and soreness [No Protective Marking] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Garvin.Francis at health.gov.au Garvin.Francis at health.gov.au
Tue Apr 28 06:06:26 UTC 2009

Joe

I can't believe you don't play with pads.  I wear knee, elbow and hip
pads.  Being from Australia I purchased some shorts with side pockets with
slots for pads, that Cricket Players wear under their trousers while
batting.  Great for my hips.  My advice would be if you are going to keep
playing, you will get soreness in your joints from the action of defending
and throwing, no need to make that worse by not wearing any padding.  I
wear volleyball knee pads which i find comfotable and easy to work in and
generic elbow pads.  Court surfaces are most unforgiving and some padding
will keep you in the game a whole lot longer.

Garv
Aus

"Joe Shaw" <jrs3147 at comcast.net>
Sent by: sportsandrec-bounces at nfbnet.org
28/04/2009 02:08 PM
Please respond to
Sports and Recreation for the Blind Discussion List

"Sports and Recreation for the Blind Discussion List"
<sportsandrec at nfbnet.org>
cc

Subject
[Sportsandrec] Goalball and soreness  [No Protective Marking]

Hi!
Tennessee is starting to get goalball off the ground in a serious manner I
think. We had our second night playing tonight and wo, was it fun. I have
questions:
1. Does anyone know when the next reasonably close to Nashville  regional
tournament might be?
2. What is an ideal number of players for a team?
3. Are tournaments men, women, or mixed?
4. I do not wear a lot of padding as I like to bounce around and play. My
elbow, knee, and hips feel like I have been in a car wreck. Does my body
get used to this beating and how long does the soreness usually last?
"I'm worth a million in prizes" Lust for Life Iggy Pop
Joe Shaw