[Sportsandrec] Utah and Bottle Caps =)

Danielle Nicole Larsen larsen75 at students.rowan.edu
Tue Apr 28 18:50:54 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone!

This message is geared more towards those of you who are going to be out in
Salt Lake City this coming weekend for the goalball tournament ! (or a heads
up for those coming to Colorado in June)

A cosmetic organization, Aveda, is running a campaign to collect bottle caps
because millions are taken from recycling agencies and thrown into
landfills, or eventually end up finding their way into the rest of the
environment. Fish, and other animals have ended up choking or becoming
incredibly ill from getting ahold of these lids.

So I've been collecting plastic lids for several months now, to contribute
to the campaign. If you guys have any plastic water bottle, Gatorade lids
etc, at any point throughout the weekend if you could hang onto them and
give them to me that would be awesome! Any kind of hard plastic lids would
work. Powerade, anything. They just have to be that hard plastic material,
not really flimsy pretty much. The more lids that can be saved the better.
Aveda takes all of the hard plastic lids and melts them down to reuse them
into shampoo bottles or other containers!

So save your caps, tell your friends, and bring them to me (I play for New
Jersey, #5!)

Thanks everyone, and best of luck to all competing this weekend.

Danielle Nicole Larsen