[Sportsandrec] Does anyone know if blind people can obtain scuba certification?

Cervenka, Stacy (Brownback) Stacy_Cervenka at brownback.senate.gov
Wed Dec 9 17:33:19 UTC 2009

Hey, everyone,
    I have a few quick questions pertaining to scuba diving?

1. Has anyone on this list ever gone scuba diving? If so, where did you go? What resort or company did you use? Did you like it? How did you feel the experience went?

2. I know a few blind people who have gone scuba diving in various locations, but does anyone know if a blind person can take a scuba certification class?

Thanks!

Stacy Leigh Cervenka
Legislative Assistant
Office of Senator Sam Brownback (KS)