[Sportsandrec] chess

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 14:31:38 UTC 2009

The key to a good chess strategy is to begin strong.  Without going into the
algebraic notation, move the pawn in front of your king up two spaces.  This
opens up a number of offensive moves.  Ultimately you want to control the
center of the board.  As you move into the middle game you want to try to
engage at least two strategies simultaneously and have predicted at least
the next three moves in both strategies so that you have the opponent
thinking one way and then strike from another.  My two favorite pieces are
the knights, closely followed by the rooks.  Mind you, I am no expert, but
I've played enough games to develop something of a technique.

Joe Orozco

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."--James M.
Barrie