[Sportsandrec] Catching up on the "Jen Ride."

Thornbury, Kelly kthornbury at bresnan.net
Thu Feb 26 21:43:30 UTC 2009

Jenifer,
33 miles is very respectable. I think you will find (at least it was this way for me in the beginning), that once you get in your first 30 miler, the 50 miler is easy; once the 50 miler is under your belt, 75 miles is no problem; the next thing you know those centuries will be a regular occurrence.

Ron-
Is that 508 all at once or broke up into a multi-day ride? Either way, don't back out of this one. As for the chocolate milk, you have a gut of steel...slowed digestion and 98.6 degree milk...WOW!

Justin-
There is no scientifically supported research that says caffeine is bad for an endurance event, and caffeine coupled with exercise doesn't cause significant dehydration (the two counter act each other). In fact, Caffeine has been shown to improve neurological efficiency, which in turn increases muscle efficiency. My guess is that Ron's captain bonked because the caffeine was about completely metabolized.

Joe-
Yes, caged, but the cage is getting a little bigger each day. And the "pent up warrior" is already getting too fluffy around the middle. Thanks for the encouragement.

Kel