[Sportsandrec] Great read!

Joe Shaw jrs3147 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 28 18:16:27 UTC 2009

I may be stretching my boundary a bit on the list, but is that irregular for me lol, maybe this post belongs on the writers' list. I think both apropriate. Anyway in the most current issue of the New Yorker on Newsline in the Archive section is the essay The Hub bids the Kid adeu by John Updike covering Ted Williams' last game. It is a beautiful piece of literature and timely as Mr. Updike secomed to lung cancer yesterday. See Lm, the Boston Red Sox allows it to be on this list. (wink and nudge) It is a fabulous read.
"Sweet Caroline" "Good times never seemed so good"
Reading about baseball on such a nasty day doesn't hurt my feelings in the least. Did I mention I hate winter.
JSNM