[Sportsandrec] My icy days

Thornbury, Kelly kthornbury at bresnan.net
Wed Jan 28 20:11:13 UTC 2009

Well, it actually got up to 0 degrees today, so its still shorts weather. This also has to be the only state where the National Weather Service will issue a "Severe Blizzard Warning" when its actually not snowing.

Outdoor activities have been limited to walking around campus (mostly lost since the guide doesn't do so well in the snow, and the university can't seem to be able to clear a sidewalk). Most of my friends don't want to play in the snow and -15 degree weather. still, I have to say I would give up the LA smog or Florida humidity for the Wyoming winds any day.

So, I am still compiling a list of hiking and camping adaptation ideas for one of my internships this summer, so if anyone has any ideas in this area, including hiking, rafting, camping, and rock climbing, I would love to hear them.

Thanks,
Kelly