[Sportsandrec] Turning a bike into a stationary bike

Keith Christian keithchristian at roadrunner.com
Tue Jul 7 05:55:53 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am new to the list.  Your discussions have gotten me interested in
getting out my bikes and cleaning them up.  My kids are all excited
about it.

I have a tandem and a few other bikes that I would like to put on a
stand and ride them, when I don't have anyone to ride in the front.  I
was thinking of making a stand out of wood but thought there might be an
inexpensive device already readily available.  In a few posts, I saw
references to a trainer or a trekk.  Are these stands you put your bikes
on when you want to ride solo?

Thanks.

Keith