[Sportsandrec] Big Fun in Motor City!

Cervenka, Stacy (Brownback) Stacy_Cervenka at brownback.senate.gov
Sat Jul 11 19:33:06 UTC 2009

Hey, all,

I want to congratulate Lisamaria and the rest of the Sports and Rec Board, Christella and the rest of the Sports Extravaganza Planning Committee, and Joe Shaw and the rest of the Fund-Raising Committee for all the hard work, planning, and elbow grease they put in both before and during the Convention!

I thought that this year's Sports Extravaganza events were as much fun, as well-attended, and as well-executed as they ever have been. Anyone who feels that this year's Sports Extravaganza took a back seat to last year's was obviously not with us at the pool, at the makeshift dojo, or at the rowing event. I honestly thought that we set a new bar in terms of quality and in terms of excellent, personalized instruction at all 3 Sports Extravaganza events. Chris, I have heard several compliments from National Center staff about the good program you put together this year. The Sports and Rec Division is as visible to the average convention goer as it has ever been.

I plan on writing a little round up of the 5 sports related events I attended in Detroit (the 3 Sports Extravaganza events, the Division meeting, and the sessions we put on for the kids of the Parents Division). I look forward to hearing the experiences of others who came out and supported the various events!

Stacy