[Sportsandrec] more tandem tips needed

Everett Gavel e.gavel at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 16 19:59:11 UTC 2009

Hi Ron, and all,

Thanks Ron.  That's what I meant, was, is it possible and then if so, is it
already being done, to where both sets of those shifters are in both riders
spots?  Meaning, I guess, that there would be 4 sets on the bike?  2 for the
stoker and the same 2, upfront as well, for the pilot?

That way either rider "could" shift, but if one was busy with something
else, the other could shift in those moments.  I ask if it's possible
because it seems like it might mess things up if there was miscommunication
and you both tried shifting at the same time, on the same set of gears.

As far as electronic shifting on a bike goes, that floored me when you said
that.  I just never considered it.  It seems almost ridiculous.  I can't
hardly comprehend just how it does it, yet.  I heard a guy on Sunday talking
about electronics and GPS and altitude tracking and all that, on his bike.
But it just never occurred to me that there was electronic gear-shifting
already, on bikes these days.  Yowza. Pretty neat.  I've gotta look into
that because I'm struggling to wrap my brain around it to get how it
actually works, for some reason. I love technology!  I guess this is
partially why bikes can cost as much as some cars these days.  Sheesh.
Growing up, I remember that $180 for a Diamondeback was a rather outrageous
price. (smile)

Thanks for the Help--and the Enlightenment,
Everett
www.DreamingInTandem.blogspot.com