[Sportsandrec] more tandem tips needed

Ron & the bears rockthebike at usfamily.net
Thu Jul 16 00:38:35 UTC 2009

Hi Everett,

There are two shifters. To have one is doable, but for the same person to
have both is probably better. You can shift 1 through 7, 8, 9, 10 on the
right lever, or 1 through 3 on the left. However, Most of the time, when
shifting the left lever, which controls the 2 or 3 chainrings, another shift
of the right lever is needed to dial in the right cadence.

Two of my tandems still have the provisions for rear shifting. Should I sell
them, I'd like them to go to a blind person. They are being well utilized
today, though.

Maybe one day will bring electronic shifting. It is just coming out for
single bikes at the pro level. If it trickles down to our level, it might be
modified to have shifter pods on both bars. Maybe years away?

Best,

Ron & the shifting the single bike on the trainer all the time bears
Austin, TX