[Sportsandrec] Tandeming out of phase

Lisamaria Martinez, NOMC lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 05:40:42 UTC 2009

I am finding that when Joe and I are perfectly in phase, the bike moves so
much quicker and the pedaling is so easy, it feels as if we've shifted down
a few gears. Because I am finding us pedaling more in phase than out, I
really need to get my feet clipped in. In fact, when we are pedaling in
phase, and all is smooth with the world, my feet slip off because the
pedaling dynamics and energy has changed.

I finally figured this out last night. We chose to go to a restaurant for
dinner. So, we hopped on the bike and went. We were both relaxed and geared
up for a very short ride. But, in riding for a short time with no stress
involved, I finally realized why my feet slip and when.

Clips here I come.

LM