[Sportsandrec] MMA

Kate Thegreat shamaniclivin1281 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 5 23:50:55 UTC 2009

Hi all, I see that there are some MMA fans on this list. I just got into watching this sort of stuff last year when I started dating my current boyfriend. He's sighted himself so he watches this stuff while I listen to the commentary during the fights. I really kind of enjoy it even though I'm not able to see every little thing happening during a fight, especially when the commentators start yapping about something and aren't giving play by plays. My BF will fill me in occasionally, too, but often he's so engrossed in it all himself that he forgets til I'm like "what? what? what's happening now?"

We watch the UFC mostly, but we do watch Strike Force as well. How do y'all keep up with what's going on with the fights? What websites do you find most helpful? I've been on sherdog and MMANews.com. Are there any other good blind friendly websites out there that you find helpful? I actually find the official UFC website to be hurrendous. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but the site seems ridiculously confusing to me. Even sherdog I occasionally have a hard time navigating. The MMA News website seems to be the most friendly site I've found so far.

Would love to hear from the MMA gurus on the list here. *smile*

Kate