[Sportsandrec] kayaks

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed May 6 18:22:08 UTC 2009

Hi all,

There are tandem kayaks?  I didn't know that.  That means you can get two people in the boat.  I wonder if its standard for places to rent one person and two person kayaks.

If two people it shouldn't be much problem.    Someone else can be steering then.

I like Stacy's idea of using sun for orientation; I had thought of that.  If there's any other ideas for orientation in open water let me know.  I'm thinking of using the wind and of course hearing.  I know very little about kayaking and never met a blind person doing it so ideas are good to hear.  What did you wear?  I guess shorts or older pants with a t-shirt and maybe life preserver.

Thanks.
Ashley