[Sportsandrec] FW: Announcement - 2010 USABA Goalball National Championships

Christella Garcia christellablue at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 19:38:50 UTC 2010

  _____

From: United States Association of Blind Athetes [mailto:etap at usaba.org]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 10:03 AM
To: Christella Garcia
Subject: Announcement - 2010 USABA Goalball National Championships

 USABA Breaking News Banner
<http://content.delivra.com/etapcontent//UnitedStatesAssociationofB/USABA_Br
eaking%20News%20Banner.jpg>

2010 USABA Goalball National Championships
For Blind & Visually Impaired Men & Women

Hosted by: Blind Sports Organization

When: Friday-Sunday, June 4-6, 2010
- Opening Ceremonies: Fri. at 5:30pm, 1st Games begin 6:00pm
- Closing Ceremonies & Awards: Sunday – exact time to be announced based on
the number of registered teams

Please e-mail info at blindsports.org or call (302) 836-5784 as soon as
possible to let us know if your team is planning to attend.  We will then be
able to better estimate the time of the Closing Ceremonies and we will
include that information in the registration packet.

Where: University of Delaware’s Carpenter Sports Building

Housing: You must reserve your own room.  Motel information will be provided
in the registration packet which will be sent soon.

Who:  Goalball Teams and Pool Players who have participated in at least one
regional tournament in 2010.  All athletes and coaches must be current USABA
members.

In order to do a schedule and plan meals, etc. we would appreciate knowing
ASAP what teams are participating in Nationals and if they are flying in,
driving, or coming by train or bus. We would like this info right away,
before the registration form is due.

Registration:  a packet with more information including fees, hotels (group
rates), transportation, etc.        will be available soon.  The
registration fee helps offset the costs associated with hosting the event
including: facility rental, transportation between venues, equipment,
officials, awards, and shirts.

Spectators are welcome!

A Note from the Hosts:

After many months of searching and encountering more problems than you can
imagine, we have finally found a really nice facility with 2 wood-floored,
air-conditioned gyms that are totally sound separated at the University of
Delaware in Newark, DE. Plus, they are close to public transportation and
within reasonable distance of 2 airports.  The gyms are located 200 yards
from Main Street, where one can find almost every kind of food.

We also know that there have been rumors about the dates - various weekends
in June and July.  Based on feedback from several sources, the first weekend
of June was considered optimum.  We are happy to be able to accommodate that
date preference, but we apologize that we have been unable to announce this
prior to Apr. 1.

Newark, Delaware is a college-town that’s located 45 minutes south of the
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) and 1½ hrs north of the
Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI), just off I-95.  It is
accessible by SEPTA (public transportation) on weekday evenings and mornings
(but there is nothing on Sundays).   Note: If you plan to take public
transportation from the Philly airport on Friday, you will need to arrive in
Philly by 1 or 2 PM, and let us know so we can pick you up at the Newark, DE
station (which is on the UD campus).  More details about the SEPTA rail
system will be in the registration packet.

We know that some of you have been very anxious to get this good news and
that some have been uptight about the delay. Believe us, we have been very
frustrated at the great difficulty locating an adequate, available, and
affordable facility on a date that is convenient to most teams.  We know you
will like this facility and the college town.  We are excited to host this
important event for you, and promise to do our best to make it a memorable
one.

We look forward to seeing you all in June.  Thank you very much for your
patience and understanding.  Let's get ready to PLAY.  If you have any
questions in the meantime, please e-mail info at blindsports.org or call (302)
836-5784.

Thank you,
Sandy & Heidi White
Blind Sports Organization
2010 Goalball Nationals Co-Directors

Information about Blind Sports Organization – Check www.blindsports.org for
more!
Blind Sports Organization was founded in 1974 and is a 501(c)(3),
non-profit, community-service organization.  We promote, provide, and
advocate sports and recreation opportunities for blind and visually impaired
youth and adults.  BSO offers beep-baseball, goalball, judo/self-defense,
walk-run club, bowling, audio darts, and more.
Remove
<https://atl.etapestry.com/prod/optOut.do?principleRef=1726.0.148637&email=c
hristellablue%40gmail.com&databaseId=UnitedStatesAssociationofB&jobRef=1026.
0.114764837> my name from all future email correspondence

Address postal inquiries to:
United States Association of Blind Athletes
33 North Institute St
Colorado Springs, CO 80903