[Sportsandrec] First Ride of the Season Scheduled-Yay!

Ron & the bears rockthebike at usfamily.net
Tue Apr 6 23:47:24 UTC 2010

Hello LM,

I just returned from a wonderful vacation in your fair state. I love LA! I
met up with a pilot from the bicycling blind website while I was there. We
rode out to the Santa Monica Pier, Venice Beach, and Manhattan Beach. During
that ride, we met up with a rider who had a sound system on his bike. We
rode briskly to the tempo of some great techno music. The scene so
reinforced my perception of California! We also rode past a few interesting
sites from movies and television shows. For example, we rode past the
landscape that was used in the opening theme of M.A.S.H. With Spring in full
swing, there was Lots of fragrantly fresh air with plenty of winding
descents to keep things exciting! We rode about 5 rides, ranging from about
20 to 35 miles each. The tandem really opens up a lot of opportunities that
I would not encounter otherwise. I guess you might say that it is truly a
vehicle for socialization.:)

Regards,

Ron & the getting fitter, not fatter bears
Austin, TX
www.bicyclingblind.org