[Sportsandrec] First Ride of the Season Scheduled-Yay!

Ron & the bears rockthebike at usfamily.net
Tue Apr 6 23:47:23 UTC 2010

Hi Kathy,

Good to hear the news!

How did you find this tandem pilot?

I created a profile at www.bicyclingblind.org and have already found two
pilots so far!:) It is an excellent  resource, even if you do not have your
own tandem. One of the pilots I met on there has her own tandem!

Let us know how the rides with the Santana man go. I have found that a
moderate bike ride actually does me good if I am already on the upside of a
cold. Cycling raises my core-temperature to kill germs.  I also consume a
lot more fluids to flush it all out. Let your body be your guide.

Now that the cycling season is getting under way, can I put in a plug for
two tandems that are looking for new homes? One is my brother's in
Pittsburgh. It already has the shifters set up for the stoker. The other is
one from my own fleet in Austin. Mine is older, but real clean. What makes
it special is that the stoker compartment is about 2 inches longer than most
production tandems. It is very roomy back there. It also has the guides in
place to easily convert it to rear shifting.

Best,

Ron & the always available to talk tandems and riding bears
Austin, TX