[Sportsandrec] Few: Invitation to ride in Nashville TN

Lori lori at asmodean.net
Wed Apr 14 01:29:39 UTC 2010

Elizabeth,

I forwarded this invite from Sue from a blind_cycling list. I have sent your
message on to Sue and hope you guys can be in touch to answer questions and
I hope others can chime in as well.

I'll share what I know and hope it is valuable to others as well.

This ride is not solely for Paralympic riders. It is my understanding that
even the cycling camps are not strictly geared toward Paralympic
involvement. I have attended the developmental camp and highly recommend
them for anyone who is interested in tandem cycling. It is a good idea to
have decent fitness going into them and it has some opportunities to get out
for challenging rides and some race opportunities.

I have not personally ridden the TN ride, but have heard good things and
would try to attend if I didn't already have a prior committment.

You mentioned the Northern California area. I just took a look at
www.bicyclingblind.org and notice there are a number of pilots and stokers
in that area. If you are not a member on that site, then it is not possible
to  look for pilots, but if you register, then you can search for
pilots/captains close to your area. There is an option to put in your
zipcode and then search by distance.

BORP over in Berkeley has organized rides. Then you might also want to check
out the Blind Stokers Club. It is based out of San Diego but may be of
interest to you.
www.blindstokersclub.org

Lori