[Sportsandrec] Few: Invitation to ride in Nashville TN

elizabethbstewart elizabethbstewart at att.net
Wed Apr 14 00:00:08 UTC 2010

Hi Sue and others on the list,
Two Years ago I went on my first tandem bike ride at the Dallas 2008 NFB
convention.  I have always enjoyed riding my bike when I was young but once
I lost my sight more and more threw
RP, I never thought I would be able to trust someone to go tandem bike
riding.  I had fun and once I got home 2 years ago I asked around but did
not really do any research.  I knew of a place in Berkeley CA.  I thought
that was to far and got distracted doing other things.  I recently got
involved with a spin class at the gym and someone told me at the gym about
the tandem bike riding in Palo Alto area.  This Saturday I went and rode for
the second time.  I was very excited when I saw this e-mail about going to
Nashville.  Have others attended and how was your experience?  What did you
accomplish from going?  If you are just a beginner could you still do the
event?  Is it just for people who want to attend the Para Olympics?  I am
interested in going to the training camp that I saw on the e-mails but May
is not a good month for me.  If any one has gone to this event please give a
brief e-mail of your experience.  It would be wonderful to go and meet
others who are also on this list.  Thanks for the long message.  Take care
and always remember it is never too late to live your dreams.
Elizabeth    h -----Original Message-----