[Sportsandrec] Tandem Stoker Technology

Tatyana tagriru at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 22:10:29 UTC 2010

Hi Fred and all,
My name is Tatyana. Just want to introduce myself. I think I've already
posted to the list some time ago. Any way, I have a tandem bike too. I think
it's called Trek.  I live in Gaithersburg Maryland, near Washington dc. I
don't know any other  blind guys hear who ride tandem bikes  but I asked on
the list though.  My pilot is my husband and we ride on our bike more than 5
years. We ride on and off roads occasionally. Usually we do around 15- 20
miles. Last time we rode along Potomac river in dc. It was noisy from  the
traffic but eventually we got  onto the bank and set there for a while
listening  the wash. I like changing on trails- a little paved roads, a
little woods, some water and gruss and may be some historical sites. My
best impression was when we road in a gap, along a ridge and then got on an
old rail road with a tiny train station of 19 century. There was no one
except an old man who was a guardian. He showed us old dusty books and
telephone when  things to listen  into and talk into are separated. I've
never seen those things before.  The name of the station was Californ. The
legend is that some letters were lost when the sign was put up. It was in
New Jersey. So just wanted to say Hello. May be other guys are here in MD,
DC area.

All the best,

Tatyana.