[Sportsandrec] judo experiences

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 17 23:24:39 UTC 2010

Hi all,

This list has been dead for some time.
Hope everyone is staying healthy; I'm trying not to eat too many sweets at the holidays.

Someday I've thought about trying judo or another martial art.
I did aikido, a japanese art, for a while and found it hard to remember the precise moves even though I did it semi privately with another legally blind student.

So what are your experiences in judo?  Do you do it in a class or private?  What are the warm ups like and do you count in Japanese when warming up?

What do you learn in order to take falls?  That would probably be hard for me.
Does it cost monthly to go to the dojo or what?

What do you do to stay in shape and prepare for judo during the week?

Thanks.

Ashley