[Sportsandrec] judo experiences

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 18 03:46:10 UTC 2010

Jody,
Glad you love judo.
In your judo clubs are you usually the only blind participant?  Have all
your instructors been willing to show you things and be accomodating?

Sounds like learning to fall is taken in steps as it is in aikido.  To fall
backward, we started with sitting as well.
I've not been real athletic but could use something for recreation purposes.
Do you need to be real flexible to begin?
Do you begin class with stretching and maybe some other warm up activity?
We did that in aikido.

Does BJJ stand for Brizilian ju juitsu?

Take care.
Ashley