[Sportsandrec] hello everyone new to this list

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 12 05:03:32 UTC 2010

Hi, Ann,

         Welcome, my sister in blindness!

I myself had bilateral blastoma, being bienucleated at age 18 months.
Ever since, I was extremely athletically inclined, being taught by my
mother to test perceived boundaries of my reality and  that sometimes
it is necessary to expand what seem to be limits on one's physical
plane by nudging them aside.

As a kid I ran the gauntlet of athletic exercise from swimming to
gymnastics to horseback riding.
As an adult of 26 my heroin has been spinning. If you don't know
spinning refers to an indoor stationary bike, in that it is a
complete workout choreographed to lay neatly atop the music. One does
a series of tricks on the bike, like out of the saddle (standing up)
sprinting/accelerating and differences in speed.

Before I discovered spin I was not much of an athlete, having gotten
away from sports as a teenager in exchange for various smokeable substances.
I didn't believe myself athletically inclined, that is until I got
turned onto spin.

Nowadays, spin is an elixir that makes anything on my mind seem
clearer, not so doom and gloom.
Not to mention I can eat whatever I want.
I'm not sure what kind of athletics turn you on.
Hope this experience was helpful!
Car