[Sportsandrec] Braille cloth measuring tape for body measurementsand talking body fat scale?

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 9 01:33:06 UTC 2010

Hi Tonia,
Good questions.  I don't know about the cloth measuring tape with raised
lines.  How about checking with Us Association of Blind Athletes.  Otherwise
ask your personal trainer to take them.  Taking measurements gives you
valuable information and you can track progress.  They will measure on
certain  body locations.  They will likely measure your waste and hips.
As you lose fat your body measurements will go down.

You've seen talking body fat scales?  Where are they?  MaybeIndependent
living Aids?
These BIA scales give you a rough estimate.  However more accurate body
composition testing is by skinfold testing with three or more skin sites.
So I'd recommend your trainer do that sort of test for you; they are trained
to do this.  But make sure the same sex of person does it to you.

Take care.

Ashley