[Sportsandrec] Tips for Problems Running on Track

Jody W. Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Wed Jun 9 13:53:45 UTC 2010

Hello Tai,

I think many of your concerns should be addressed by the Y because they
concern the safety of ALL runners.  You mentioned that some runners stop to
tie their shoes or rest by the rail.  You also said that people generally do
not pay attention and sometimes just stand around against the rail.   These
are unsafe practices for all runners and I have never heard of such
practices being allowed on a running track.  I think the Y should put up a
sign on the door that reads "When not running, get off the track"

I would always run in the same direction as the other runners.  I wouldn't
run against the crowd.

If it were me, I might just get a t-shirt that says Running Blind running
the rail.  Make it your trademark not something to apologize for.  Rather
then hanging a towel on the rail you could hang a marker with a note on it
that says BLIND RUNNER Run faster or get out of the way.  <GRIN>

JODY