[Sportsandrec] Question about USABA Ski Camp in Breckenridge, Colorado

Therese Wales theresewales at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 03:43:40 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,
    My husband and I are thinking of going to the USABA ski camp in
Breckenridge, Colorado in March.  I'm wondering if any of you have ever
been, and if you have, if you would mind sharing your impressions of the
weekend.  One specific question I have; is transportation from Denver
airport included in the $200 per person cost for the weekend, or is that
something that we're responsible for on our own?  If we're responsible for
getting to Breckenridge on our own, what did you find to be the cheapest way
to do it?
    Also, has anyone been to the USABA winter ski festival in Vermont?  It's
coming up in February this year.  If you've been to both, it would be great
to find out which one you thought was better.  We're debating which one to
go to.  The one in Vermont is shorter and probably not quite as good a
value, but it's a lot closer to us in Connecticut, so it would likely be
significantly cheaper to get there, especially because transportation is
included in the cost from Burlington.  The one in Vermont  also does have
the advantage of having cross-country skiing, which I've never tried.  On
the other hand, the instruction would be less in-depth with only two days
between both types of skiing, and they have some demonstrations related to
other sports and the Paralympics that take away time from skiing.  Anyway,
I'd love to hear your thoughts about either experience.

Thanks very much!
Therese Wales